You’d be surprised with the multiple uses of cotton muslin bags in the kitchen whether it be for storing or cooking food. One of the simplest uses is of course replacing wasteful plastic bags when packing you or your kids’ lunches. The muslin bags are great for sandwiches and raw vegetables like carrots and celery, just remember to tell them not to throw them away since they’re reusable!
Our cotton muslin bags also help out cooking in the kitchen! Stuff one of our smaller bags with tea leaves, herbs and spices to use them as reusable tea bags, and in the same vein, fill a bag with seasonings when making soup with herbs that need to be removed before eating.
With all these methods, cleaning is simple. You can hand-wash them with a mild soap, or if you’re short on time throw them in the washing machine! It makes your life easier all the while promoting reuse and recycling.
Whether you’re a small online business like us or selling your goods to your friends and family, you know that presentation is half the product. It’s the first thing your customers see! Do you use boring plastic bags, or in case of fragile jewelry, bubble wrap? Our cotton muslin bags are the best way to present your product.
With a wide range of sizes, our bags can fit your small and medium sized products with our largest size being 20” by 20”. Our bags can also be customized with your initials or even brand logo. Using these bags for your products will delight your customers and help your brand stand out among cheap plastic bags. Best of all, they can reuse them!
They’re perfect for:
• Small Goods
• Anything that can fit in a 20”x20” bag!
With Earth Day just around the corner, we’re looking into exactly why cotton drawstring bags are the ideal choice for our environment. Here are just a few reasons:
- Producing one cotton bag is the equivalent of producing 400 plastic bags—so you’re not only saving on energy, you’re potentially keeping 400 plastic bags out of landfills.
- A cotton bag, when used for groceries, can replace the estimated 1,000 plastic bags that each family brings home every year.
- Plastic bags make up 12 percent of the trash collected at every
Here’s the key: Cotton bags are most effective for the environment when reused. So get crafty! Click through more blog posts for ideas of how we’ve used our cotton bags.
This time of year finds brides searching for perfect, unique wedding favors or gifts that will leave a lasting impression on guests. The ultimate way to preserve your wedding memory is by giving guests something that they can keep or reuse for years to come, like a cotton drawstring bag. Here are a few ideas to add a personal touch to your wedding:
- The grab bag. Stock a larger cotton muslin drawstring bag with items that are unique to you as a couple. This could be snacks from your favorite local shop, a map of the area or coupons to your favorite restaurant in town.
- Hangover kits. If your wedding guests are a particularly riotous bunch, give them a hangover kit in a cotton drawstring bag, packed with essentials like Advil, alka seltzer, band aids and ear plugs.
- S’mores kit. This is ideal for fall weddings, when the weather calls for a night by the fire. Assemble personal sized s’mores kits complete with marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers.
- Coffee beans. If you love grabbing a cup of coffee with your significant other, coffee beans as a favor may be the ideal way to share your personality while giving guests something they’ll really enjoy.
It’s easy to lose count of the number of plastic produce bags you throw away after visiting the grocery store (or, if you’re like many people, those bags end up scrunched together in a drawer or closet somewhere with the promise that you’ll “reuse them next time”). A simple, eco-friendly solution to that problem is to create produce bags using our cotton drawstring muslin bags! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cotton drawstring muslin bags
- Iron on transfer sheets
- Photos of your favorite produce
Following the instructions on your transfer sheets, print your produce images onto the transfer paper. Cut out the images, leaving a small border. Iron, again following the instructions for your particular transfer paper. Peel away the baking and, voila! New produce bags.
Santa let everyone in on the secret of our holiday favor ideas and now everyone, including the tooth fairy, is standing in line to take advantage of their endless possibilities.
We guarantee you’ll never run out of ideas for our cotton drawstring muslin bags, but here’s a great one just in case: Use our cotton drawstring bags as the perfect safe place for your child’s lost tooth and the ideal spot to store their cash when the tooth fairy shows up!
Here’s what you’ll need:
– Cotton drawstring muslin bag
– Tooth stamp (or black permanent marker to draw your message yourself)
It’s as simple as that! Either stamp an adorable tooth print on your bag or draw one up yourself using a black permanent marker. When your child loses their next tooth, place it in the bag for safe keeping until the tooth fairy comes to collect!
If you’re hosting a holiday party or dinner this season, give your guests something to remember the night by. Our cotton muslin bags are ideal for storing the gift and can easily be customized with holiday greetings or scenes. Here are a few holiday party favor ideas to get you in the holiday spirit:
- Dip mix ornaments. Fill simple glass ornaments with your favorite herb and spice mixture for dips!
- Cocktail gift. Fill a cotton muslin bag with a can of soda, along with a miniature bottle of your favorite whiskey or rum.
- Cider mix. Check out our cider spice bag tutorial!
Have a great idea for a holiday party favor? Leave a comment below or hit us up on Facebook to share your ideas!
If you’re like us, you’re already planning for holiday gift giving. But what about what your gifts are wrapped in? Don’t skimp on packaging this year. Instead of reaching for remnants of last year’s wrapping paper, wrap your gift in something that’s a gift itself.
Our cotton muslin bags are perfect for packaging gifts. Plus, they’re customizable, so you can stamp them with holiday greetings, significant quotes or even a pretty image, so your friend or family member can use it all year long. Here are a few quotes or phrases to consider adding to your packaging:
- Life is like a cup of tea, it’s all in how you make it.
- Start each day with a grateful heart.
- Merry everything. Happy always.
- Seek happy nights to happy days. – Shakespeare
- Enjoy today.
- Not all those who wander are lost. – Tolkien
Fall is an ideal time to pack up and hit the trails for long hike to take in the foliage. While you’re on the trail, though, don’t forget about refueling with snacks! Our cotton muslin drawstring bags are perfect for storing hiking snacks, as they’re resealable and don’t take up much room. Here are a few snack ideas for the next time you hit the trails:
- Trail mix
- Peanut butter and brown rice squares
- Dried fruit
- Roasted edamame
- Jerky or Fruit Leather
The ideal size for your pack is 4” x 6” cotton muslin drawstring bags. Hit the trails and enjoy yourself this fall.
We serve up a lot of craft ideas for our cotton muslin bags, some of which involve decorating the bag or giving you free reign to decorate it yourself. We’ve rounded up a handful of ways to decorate a plain cotton bag, to give you inspiration for your next craft!
- Stamp it. Craft stores are bursting at the seams with stamp options that are ideal for any craft. Whether it’s holiday inspired or for every day use, you’ll find a stamp that’s perfect for the occasion and use.
- Use veggies. We’re talking potatoes, specifically. Spuds are versatile, not just at the dinner table, but at the craft table instead. Simply remove the skin from a portion of the potato, cut it into a desired shape, dip into paint and you have your own, DIY stamp!
- Iron on. Iron on patches or designs aren’t just for t-shirts and bookbags, they’re great for any craft using cotton muslin bags!
- Ombre it. Ombre isn’t just for your hairstyle. Use your favorite color paint, in various shades, to create an ombre effect for your cotton muslin bags.
- Inspire it. A to-go bag or gift bag is the ideal place to add inspiring messages. Either iron something on or write it yourself using permanent markers or paints.