Fall is an ideal time to pack up and hit the trails for long hike to take in the foliage. While you’re on the trail, though, don’t forget about refueling with snacks! Our cotton muslin drawstring bags are perfect for storing hiking snacks, as they’re resealable and don’t take up much room. Here are a few snack ideas for the next time you hit the trails:
- Trail mix
- Peanut butter and brown rice squares
- Dried fruit
- Roasted edamame
- Jerky or Fruit Leather
The ideal size for your pack is 4” x 6” cotton muslin drawstring bags. Hit the trails and enjoy yourself this fall.
We serve up a lot of craft ideas for our cotton muslin bags, some of which involve decorating the bag or giving you free reign to decorate it yourself. We’ve rounded up a handful of ways to decorate a plain cotton bag, to give you inspiration for your next craft!
- Stamp it. Craft stores are bursting at the seams with stamp options that are ideal for any craft. Whether it’s holiday inspired or for every day use, you’ll find a stamp that’s perfect for the occasion and use.
- Use veggies. We’re talking potatoes, specifically. Spuds are versatile, not just at the dinner table, but at the craft table instead. Simply remove the skin from a portion of the potato, cut it into a desired shape, dip into paint and you have your own, DIY stamp!
- Iron on. Iron on patches or designs aren’t just for t-shirts and bookbags, they’re great for any craft using cotton muslin bags!
- Ombre it. Ombre isn’t just for your hairstyle. Use your favorite color paint, in various shades, to create an ombre effect for your cotton muslin bags.
- Inspire it. A to-go bag or gift bag is the ideal place to add inspiring messages. Either iron something on or write it yourself using permanent markers or paints.
With the holiday season approaching, families will spend more and more time on the road as they visit family and friends. To keep the kids (and adults, too) occupied without hours upon hours of screen time, we’ve come up with a simple, fun way to create a travel tic-tac-toe game.
Here’s how you make it:
4” x 6” Celestial Gifts cotton muslin drawstring bag
20 small, flat pebbles (preferably uncoated, because you’ll be writing on them)
1 black permanent marker
1 white (or other color) permanent marker
Draw a tic-tac-toe shape over the cotton muslin drawstring bag (3 down and 3 across). Draw an X on 10 pebbles and an O on the other 10 pebbles. You’ll only need a few of the pebbles for the actual game, but it’s best to be prepared with extras in case a few go missing.
Store your pebbles in the cotton muslin drawstring bag when the game is not in play and use the bag for your board while traveling!